Across the Island – three day cycling Challenge!
The SMBC Team organizes for the second consecutive Year the Mountain Bike tour of Cyprus. The tour will be held between the 12th to the 14th of October 2018. It will start from the village of Pera in Nicosia and end in St. George of Peyia in Paphos. There will be 3 stages of approximately 85 KM each with 2.5Km ascent. Participation is open to all Cyclist, with a maximum number of 40. Athletes must be in good health, have high MTB experience and physical fitness.
There will be 2 Fit Zones in every stage every 25 to 30km and transfer of bags to and from each stage.
There will be 3 participation packages:
– 3 Day event
– 2 Day event(Second and Third day)
– CCF Official Race(Third Day only)
The participation fee for Package A is 180 euro and includes everything listed in Table 1. Members of the SMBC Team are entitled a discount on the above price.
The participation fee for Package B is 150 Euros and includes everything listed in Table 1 except for the first day accommodation. Members of the SMBC Team are entitled discount on the above price.
The cost of participation for Package C is 20 euros plus 10 euros day licence for beginner cyclists for CFA classes. The cost for licenced CCF categories is according to the CCF charging scheme. The athletes will receive a welcome back and ‘.gpx’ route files.
All categories will be awarder based on their package
– Accommodation for 2 days in hotels
– Breakfast and after ride lunch (pasta and salad)
– Feed zone goodies
– Transport (athlete and bicycle) from St. George to Pera.
– The riders will be followed by moving crew for basic technical support and assistance
– Welcome pack (Safety Information Cards, T-Shirt, Bicycle Number. Printed maps)
– ‘.gpx’ files will also be provided.
– Squeezy Sports Nutrition Pack (energy Gels, Electrolyte drinks, Recovery bars)
– Free Technical assistance at the end of each stage (does not include spare parts)
– Bike wash/maintenance points (except from the last day)
For participation the pre requisites are teams of 2 people, mountain bike in excellent condition, helmet, 1.5 L min hydration pack and enough food for each trip. Please register on time. Participation is considered valid and the place guaranteed only after payment of the full amount. Last down payment date is the 30.06.2018 and last full payment date is 30.09.2018. Late registration can be accepted provided there are still available spots, but an extra charge of 20% applies.
Teams are expected to start, finish and guide themselves to the finish line. The route will be marked but team members are responsible to find their way!
The SMBC TEAM would like to thank the Cyprus Cycling Federation and our sponsors: Squeezy Sports Nutrition and Constantinides Bakeries for their valuable assistance.
Maps: to be anounced soon
Level of difficulty: 10/10