Across the Island – The Cyprus Epic
Following the success of 2018, the SMBC Team organizes for the third consecutive year ‘Across The Island – The Cyprus Epic Challenege’. The challenge will be held between the 10th to the 13th of October 2019. It will start from the village of Pera in Nicosia and end in St. George of Peyia in Paphos. There will be 4 stages of approximately 80 KM each with 2.5Km ascent. Each stage will have 2 feed Zones every 25 to 30km. Participation is open to all Cyclist, with a maximum number of 100. Athletes must have high MTB experience and physical fitness.
There are 2 participation packages:
a. 4 Day event
b. 2 Day event(Third and Fourth day)
The participation fee for Package A is 495 euro and includes everything listed below. Members of the SMBC Team are entitled of a discount on the above price.
1. Accommodation for 3 nights in hotels or aggro tourism houses.
2. Transfer of luggage to and from each stage (2 pieces of Luggage only).
3. Breakfast and after ride lunch (pasta party)
4. Feed zone food and drinks.
5. The riders will be followed by a moving crew for basic technical support and assistance
6. Welcome pack (Safety Information Cards, T-Shirt, Bicycle Number. Printed maps)
7. ‘.gpx’ files of routes.
8. Free Technical assistance at the end of each stage (does not include spare parts)
9. Bike wash points/maintenance points (except from the last day)
10. Transport (athlete and bicycle) from St. George(Finish area) to Pera(start of race)
The participation fee for Package B is 380 Euros and includes everything listed in Package A above except for the first 2 days of accommodation. Members of the SMBC Team are entitled a discount on the above price.
There will be separate awards for each Package.
What is NOT included in the price for both Packages:
1. Flight Tickets
2. Transfer from the airport to the hotel before the race, from hotel to start area and vice versa.
3. Overnight stays before and after the race
4. Late night food
However, upon request, a quotation can be given for items 1 to 4 above.
For participation, the prerequisites are teams of 2 or 3 people, mountain bike in excellent working condition, helmet and sunglasses. Please register on time. Participation is considered valid and the place guaranteed only after payment of the full amount. Last down payment date is the 30.06.2019 and last full payment date is 31.08.2019. Late registration can be accepted provided there are still available spots, but an extra charge of 20% applies. Early bird registration until the 31st of March, with a special discount of 15%.
Teams are expected to start, finish and guide themselves to the finish line. The route will be marked and .gpx files for routes will be provided.
The SMBC TEAM would like to thank its sponsors: Mokapot Productions, Akamas MTB Tours, Cyclo-Shop and ‘ΜΕΤΑΛΛΟΤΕΧΝΙΚΗ ΣΑΒΒΑΣ ΣΠΥΡΟΥ ΛΤΔ’ for their valuable assistance and support.